Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 2013 mercruiser 5.7 mpi straight inboard, Put the

Customer Question

I have a 2013 mercruiser 5.7 mpi straight inboard
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Put the boat in for the first time of the season yesterday and was running great. Turned the boat off to check on some stuff and about a minute later when I went to turn it back on nothing happened when I turned the key. The gauges showed no life, the fuel pump did not turn on, no click of the starter.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I check all my terminals etc and they were clean, my batteries are fully charged prior to this issue I have turned the boat on and off a few times in the marina before taking it out for a run.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I read what you wrote. I have 3 questions back to you.

1. All Mercruiser engines are cataloged by serial number, can I get that number so that I can pull the appropriate manual.

2. Do you have a hand held volt meter or test light, an ddo you know how to take electrical/voltage measurements?

3. Are you near the engine/boat now and ready to get to work?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1a092974
I have a test light and know how to use it I am not at the boat right now.
Thank you
Tim
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hi Tim, good morning. If you look at the top of your engine you want to locate the ECM. It will be mounted to a metal bracket. Also on that bracket is a fuse holder with 3, 20 amp fuses. Check for power into and out of those fuses and let me know what you find.

Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hi Tim. Just checking in. Any progress in checking those fuses?