Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

2006 optimax 225 hp. 4 alarm beeps very intermitantly. after

2006 optimax 225 hp. 4 alarm beeps very intermitantly. after more an hour continuous alarm and it shuts dwon. restarts and runs fine with alarm still going off. it runs fine until this happens. all rpm ranges good. not overheating. thermal gun reading 160 degrees f. new oil tank and sensor this jan. engine oil tank full and the remote tank full. i drained all of the gas from fuel inj housing and replaced filter. no water in fuel
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no i think that is it. not sure if i can bypass the oil level sensor and the water sensor. going on a trip tomorrow and dont want to be stuck without a get home plan, my local dealer services my boat every year and has had it for the pst couple of weeks. dont want to cancel a trip 10 months of planning. i have had a new water pump as well this year. 225 hours on the engine. i am using the oil as i should. i think one of the sensors faulty.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how can I bypass these sensors?

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

on the Opti, you cannot bypass any of the sensors, the engine looks to these to get the engine to run correctly. With a beeping alarm, it is one of the sensors that is out of range. You have eliminated the fuel and the oil, but it still can be any of the others. When the engine alarm goes solid tone, that is either overheat, high battery voltage, or loss of the oil pump electrically. I would start with the battery voltage when the engine is off, then with it at idle, and a last test of it when the engine is on plane. if it ever reaches more than 14.2V DC, the regulator in the Alt is bad.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do you choose check the electric oil pump? I have pressure in the remote reservoir after a few minutes of running.the tank is pressurized. The oil level is going down on the remote tank and the engine tank stays full. The batteries are new. 1 week. Alternator gauge stays near 13.5 while running. Couldn't the oil level sensor still be a problem? Bypass if needed? Connect 2 wires on engine harness side? Not overheating. Last time alarm went off it was 160f checked at block and head with a thermal laser thermometer

The oil pump just draws from the oil tank on the engine. The ECU can only tell if it fails electrically. If you wanted to disable the oil tank, just unplug it.

Locate the oil pump of the right side of the engine at the front. Run your hand under the pump, is there any oil there?