Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I would like to know what all the alpha/numeric model code

Customer Question

I would like to know what all the alpha/numeric model code means. My model code is 85ETLR76G. I think that the 85 means hp, ET means electric trim, L means 20" shaft
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I just want to know how to break down the whole alpha/numeric code means
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Good morning, my name is Jason.

85 Means 85 horsepower.

E is electric start

T is power trim

L Is long shaft

R is Remote Control

76 is the year it was made, 1976

G is a suffix for a production run. For example, they would have made 1000 of these motors and as long as there were no changes it would get a production run code of A, if there was any kind of little change made, the next production run would be a B so on and so forth. This last letter really doesn't mean anything unless you are looking up parts for the engine, in which case you need to make sure you are looking up parts for a 85ETLR76G, and not, just for example, a 85ETLR76B

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

I think that should do it. Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or leaving a rating for my service. Was there anything else?