Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Are the hds gen 1 compable with the hds gen 2, I would like

Customer Question

Are the hds gen 1 compable with the hds gen 2, I would like to use them at my console as a pair, can you advise?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: regards Ron
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: Can I connect my hds gen 1 to my hds gen 2 via Ethernet, could you please advise?
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Yes, you can connect the units together. There are some functions that you would not see on the Gen 1 if you are using the LSS2 straight to the GEN 2 and not the LSS box.