Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 50 horse shift no serial number got this number on

Customer Question

I have a 50 horse Johnson long shift no serial number got this number on the silver tab on block G2302637 could you help me with what year this motor is ?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is***** engines are cataloged by model number and not serial number, so I can not tell you what year it is based on the number you provided. Is there still a model number tag on the engines clamp bracket? If there is not then the only other way to do this is visually by taking pictures. Can you send me some pictures of the engine if there is no model ID tag.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The motor has been painted I can take with the cow off
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

If you can, take a few pictures with the cover on, and then a few more with the cover off, and i'll see if I can figure out what year it is.