Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

25hp.mercuryoutboardwon;tstayrunningkeepsloosingitsprime,

Customer Question

25hp.mercuryoutboardwon;tstayrunningkeepsloosingitsprime
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: changedoutcarb.becauseboatsetfor2yaersandnowiprimewithfuelbulbandenginestrartsriteupbutwillknotstayrunningunleaseyoukeepprimingwithbulborsetfueltankuponsideofboat
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: changedallfuellinesandfiltersandfittings
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

There are a few possibilities here. 1 is that the fuel line from the tank to the engine is collapsing and not allowing fuel to be drawn in.

2. would be that the fuel pick up inside the tank is sucking air and not allowing the fuel to be drawn in.

3. Could be that the base gasket on the carb is installed incorrectly and blocking the pulse hole on the block. This would not allow the fuel pump to pulse and draw fuel into the carb. To check it, you would need to remove the carb and the gasket.