Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Have a 40hp mercury outboard serial number 0G027043 not

Customer Question

Have a 40hp mercury outboard serial number 0G027043 not firing. I put spark tester on plugs, no spark
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hi Brad, my name is***** read what you wrote. Do you have a digital auto ranging volt/ohm meter, and do you know how to take resistance measurements?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll have to look at my meter and see. I'll post back when I get home and take a look at it. I can check the measurements.
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

okay no problem, just reply back when you are ready and we can take it from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, with the meter what do I need to check?
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Are you near the outboard now and want to go step by step? Or did you want me to give it to you all at once?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you can give it to me all at once that would be great.
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

I

Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

I need to know if the stator is black or red. Can you look under the flywheel and tell me what color the stator is. Or tell me the color of the wires that come out from under the flywheel.