Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1993 70hp I was nor run for several months, The

Customer Question

I have a 1993 johnson 70hp I was nor run for several months, The carb were removed and cleaned the gas tanks and gas line was replaces, it will srrt but not throdle up it will cut off and then is diffficult to start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I read what you wrote. Did you have any specific questions that you wanted me to answer or did you just want me to start explaining what we would look at in the shop?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
start explaining
Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

Has compression been tested?

How was the carb cleaned and rebuilt?

If you grab the primer bulb on the fuel line is it soft during the problem and does it help if you squeeze it?

Thanks,

Joe