Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Can I start by getting the serial number on the engine so I can see exactly what you have.
Hi Tim, is that 1T or 0T?
Got it. You wrote that ". motor will crank run for 15-20 seconds and then shuts off."
Are you able to throttle it up in neutral and keep the RPMS up? Will it stay running that way?
Hi Tim, I have to take a call with another customer, i'll be back with you as soon as I can.
Sorry for that delay. Does your engine not stay running at all, any RPM, even high RPM?
How old is the fuel itself, and have you tried running it on a different fuel tank yet in order to rule out fuel tank issues?
1. have you tried running it on a different fuel tank yet in order to rule out fuel tank issues?
2. Has the engine been compression tested yet, and if yes what are the numbers?
3. Do any of the spark plugs have inner insulators that look white or clean, like a new spark plug?
4. Are you qualified to rebuild carbs, have you been through a carburetor school?
5. Has the engines spark output been checked?
6. When you rebuilt the carbs, was both the cabruretors and the timing synchronized as per the factory service manual?
Are you here?
Did you still want or need help with this Tim, or are you all set? We can do a phone call as well If you like, doing the call option definitely goes faster for the both of us, from your/the customer side you definitely get all the information you could possibly need.
Hi Tim. I saw that you requested a call. Did you still need help with this?