Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2013 merc 115 the motor runs great but won't rev

Customer Question

I have a 2013 merc 115 the motor runs great but won't rev over 3200 when under load, runs great until that. But in reverse runs great under load and will run over 5000 rpm with all the power it should have. In neutral runs great. low hours on the motor. Thanks for any help you can provide Brian
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hi Brian, my name is***** are 3 sets of basic checks that need to be done just to get pointed in the right direction. Those include checking engine compression with a compression gauge, checking fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge, checking spark output with a timing light. Do you have those 3 tools and are you able to do those 3 tests?

Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Are you here?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
had a friend check all three and he said all were fine. He thought they would be since it runs perfect in reverse just not in forward gear
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you from here.

IS this engine an Opti or a 4 stroke?

Could you please provide the serial number of the engine?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Charles
The motor is a four stroke
Family # BM9XM01.73GE
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is anybody working on this. Have not heard anything for eight days?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
still nothing?