Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a Mercruiser 3.0 Engine, 1997. I replaced the head

Customer Question

I have a Mercruiser 3.0 Engine, 1997. I replaced the head gasket and wanted the head resurfaced. They guy at the machine shop said that it was the wrong head and that it was from a 2.5 although I have been using it just fine for years... Is he just trying ...
Category: Boat
Expert:  Shane Creekmore replied 5 months ago.
Does your original head have a visible part number and i will look it up and see if its the right one?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Cant make it out, It's a GM number..... Give me a answer of anything so I can give you credit for your time..