Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2016 mercury 115 hp outboard. Less than 50 hrs on

Customer Question

I have a 2016 mercury 115 hp outboard. Less than 50 hrs on it. Power trim stopped working going up. It will power down but now that it's down it won't come up. You can hear the motor try to work when you push the down buttons on the throttle & the motor. When you push the up button on the throttle & motor there is no sound not even a click. So the motor is stuck in the down position. I don't think it's the switch because both switches don't work.
Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hi Mike, my name is***** read what you wrote. This would normally be a warranty issue between you and Mercury. We here are all just mechanics, and not Mercury directly. And because of that our service is not free and not part of your Mercury warranty. Did you want to work together to try and troubleshoot the issue? Or were you under the assumption that we were Mercury Marine?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I wasn't sure. I forgot it might be under warranty. Guess I should contact them first
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

You requested the call, did you want to do that or did you want to get in touch with Mercury first? The reason I ask is most folks dont' come to us for warranty items unless they do not live near a dear, or if dealing with the dealer is a headache.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please do not call me. I didn't understand it cost extra.
I'm going to check on my warranty.
Thanks