Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have Jabsco electric marine head that is not working, I

Customer Question

I have Jabsco electric marine head that is not working
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I have power to the unit but nothing happens when I press any of 4 button on touch pad.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I hear nothing when press any of 4 touch pad buttons. No noise whatsoever as I might expect if pump were frozen, etc.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tan. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and will reply momentarily.

Expert:  Tan replied 8 months ago.

Could I get model # of the head you have please? Have you checked for voltage to the motor?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'll have to get model # from boat later today. And yes, I have full 12+V (engine running) to the unit.
Expert:  Tan replied 8 months ago.

To the electric motor on the head when buttons are pressed?

If yes then the motor is bad.