Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

3 year old 2.5 mercury 4 cycle fresh fuel started and ran

Customer Question

3 year old 2.5 mercury 4 cycle fresh fuel started and ran okay. shut it off and now won't crank. checked plug ok not wet. tried to check spark by removing plug and cranking but don't see spark.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I've used it several times but this is the first time this year to run. fuel tank was empty before new fuel. double check shut off and fuel switch..all okay
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is Jason

Mercury engines are cataloged by serial number, can I get that number so I can run it and see exactly which engine you have. Next, are you near the engine now and ready to work?