Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a 345 boston whaler conquest and i seem to have an

Customer Question

i have a 345 boston whaler conquest and i seem to have an air lock in the water tank and the water tank will not fill. it takes about 30 litres then will not fill anymore my gauges tell me its not full.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: where would the air vent be and how do i rectofy this issue
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If you have access to the water tank you need to check the vent. Make sure that the line is not kinked or blocked in any way. Also try blowing the vent with compressed air from the outside to the inside maybe something is blocking it. Finally if the vent is ok and you are sure there is still place inside the tank for more water you need to check the filling line for anything that may have fallen inside such a piece of cloth a tap etc... as normally that is the cause.

If you still require assistance let me know.

Noel

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Noel
SORRY I NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE VENT IS LOCATED ON MY BOAT.Cheers mate

Hi again, the vent should be located in the mid of the boat starboard side under the side fender.

noel