Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

We have no power to our 240 formula boat and are trying to

Customer Question

We have no power to our 240 formula boat and are trying to open the engine hatch
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Trying to open engine hatch with no power
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. On some models next to the main switch you have place where to connect + and - leads. That will power enough to lift the hatch. If you do not have where to connect the power there, in some cases you have to remove the table pole base from the engine hatch and from that hole you could reach to release the pin of the piston and then you can lift the hatch by hand. Finally if you have none of the above, if you connect the boat to shore power and switch on the battery charger you should have enough power to lift the hatch. If you still have questions let me know.

Noel