Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1978 28 ft Bertram. Thenginmes are 220 hp. I just

Customer Question

I have a 1978 28 ft Bertram. Thenginmes are 220 hp. I just replaced the long block and the engine is back in the boat. However it wont start. It is not getting electricl to the injection area. When you measure the voltage it shows 12 volts but when you strt it goes away. Do you have any suggestions?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the marine mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Ken Cary The boaet has beewn looked at buy 3-4 mechanics and they cant find it
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Which engines are you working on specifically?

Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ken
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Hi Ken. Which engines are you working on specifically?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm here
Ken
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Which engines are you working on? You didn't give any kind of model information so I dont' know what you are working on

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
350 229 ho
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

You need to be more specific than that. Is this a Mercruiser, Volvo, something else? Do you have a model or serial number on the engine so I can identify it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's mercruisser
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Don't have engine numbers handy
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Mercruisers are cataloged by serial number. I would need the serial number on your engine just to know what you have. If you don't have it with you, just reply back once you do have it and we can take it from there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Okay just post back once you have the engines serial number.