Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have twoelectric winches the port side will not free spin

Customer Question

I have two*****electric winches the port side will not free spin and the starboard is going that way we have to use electric to wind in port side as we cant wind in high gear
I stripped down the winch as per the Lewmar video but one set of gears won't SLIDE out and this I suspect is where the trouble is ? Stuck pawl do I have to unscrew the bolts that are holding brass frame down to remove the gear to inspect the pawls???
Thank you for your advice
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

To assist you further I really need the model number of the winch so that I can reference it and help you.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dint worry about it I figured it out myself It was a broken pawl spring that jammed one of the coggs so all fixed thanks