Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

95 50 hp outboard wont start, can smell a lot of fuel,

Customer Question

95 johnson 50 hp outboard wont start, can smell a lot of fuel, checked carbs, fuel lines good, if it sits for a while it will nearly start but then just turns over, we noticed on the water when we got on the plane it would start to die, at a troll it was okay, shut motor off wouldn't start?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the marine mechanic should know?
Customer: it has new VRO pumps, cleaned fuel bowls, got it started once but now nothing.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Have you done any checking on your own yet, such as checking engine compression with a compression gauge and checking for spark output with a timing light?