Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I HAVE A 8 PH HONDA OUTBOARD MODEL BZBC, BZBC 8HP MOTOR RUNS

Customer Question
I HAVE A 8 PH...
I HAVE A 8 PH HONDA OUTBOARD MODEL BZBC
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the marine mechanic can help you best.
Customer: BZBC 8HP MOTOR RUNS FOR A WHILE THEN STALLS, AND CAN NOT START WHEN ENGINE COOLS SOME WHAT, THE IT STARS AGAIN
JA: Is there anything else the marine mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: SPARK PLUG GOOD
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
engine stalls after a while, then it restart when engine cools some what. Spark plugok, fuel ok.
11/7/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Have you done any testing on your own yet such as testing for spark output with a timing light hen the engine stalls?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no spark

What year is the engine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not sure model is BZBC 8 HP HONDA

I don't know what you have for tools or knowledge about outboards, what kinds of questions did you have for me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ANY SUGGESTIONS ON MY STALL ENGINE?

It's got either a bad ignition coil, bad CDI box, or a bad stator. The stator and ignition coil are directly testable with a decent quality volt/ohm meter, the CDI box is not. What needs to happen here is the problem needs to be duplicated first. Then after there is no spark, test the ignition coil and stator with the multimeter. If either component is a fail, then you would replace that component. If both components pass, then by deduction you would replace the CDI box.

Did you have any further question on the issue?

I don't know how you want to leave this but that is where you stand on your end and what needs to be checked. I think that should do it I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind the website did charge you to speak with me, but they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a further question on the issue by all means please feel free to ask. If not, kindly select a rating for my service. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.

Thanks

Jason

Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic