Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Aloha I live in Oahu Hawaii and own Seadoo Speedster 150 and…

Aloha I live in Oahu Hawaii...
Aloha
I live in Oahu Hawaii and own Seadoo Speedster 150 and the engine started to make very significant vibration and noise when RPM goes over 3200. It happened all of sudden while wakeboarding and going around 14 Mph. I was able to return back to harbor with speed around 3-4 Mph. A day before I had Rope suck up and wrapped on drive shaft. I was able to remove all of the rope wrapped around the drive shaft.
Can you advise please?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/9/2016
Marine Mechanic: K. Kergan, Marine Mechanic replied 5 years ago
K. Kergan
K. Kergan, Marine Mechanic

Hi, my name is Kerry

After you removed the rope, did it run up to operating RPM without vibrating?

From what you said I suspect that the rope incident caused a bend in an impeller blade or the shaft.

Aloha!

Meet any Howlies lately?

K. Kergan
K. Kergan, Marine Mechanic
The operating RPM were fine and back to normal after I removed all visible parts of the rope from the drive shaft.
Phone call session started

Is it possible that you didn't get all of the rope off the shaft?