Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  23 years Caterpillar Engine Experience
30708357

We have Twin C7 port enigine shows Inlet air heater relay

Customer Question

We have Twin C7 port enigine shows Inlet air heater relay open circuit showing on panel
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Proceed with caution??
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
The inlet heater relay is located on top of the engine. It connects to the inlet heater in the intake manifold. It is controlled by the engine ecm. Whenever the key is turned to on, the heater comes on. If the engine is warm enough, the ecm will turn the inlet heater off. You most likely have a failed inlet heater relay but you could also have a faulty wire connecting to it. I would check the wiring first. If it's ok. I would replace the relay.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.