Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I have a 2002 Rinker boat with a 5.7 mercruiser fuel ejected

Customer Question
throttle body after boat is...
I have a 2002 Rinker boat with a 5.7 mercruiser fuel ejected throttle body after boat is warmed up does not want to start looks like to much fuel going in I unhook injectors boat starts and I plug injecters back in but when boat is cold starts no problem rt. Up.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
8/29/2016
Marine Mechanic: Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician

Hello Eddie. My name is Tan.

The first thing we need to check is fuel pressure at the throttle body.

We need to have 30 psi fuel pressure. If you are above 30 the fuel pressure regulator is plugged or failing.

Can you do a fuel pressure test?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't have that equipment
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where can I find the regulator for fuel pump

Could I get your engine serial number please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4-331067N1

The serial number will be in these locations. The number you posted is not the engine serial number.

http://www.mercruisermotor.com/images/Serialnumber_Location.jpg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
0m010853 engine serial number
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Was engine model number
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

The fuel pressure regulator is # 15 # 16 is the filter that can clog causing your issue. The fuel pump is mounted under the front port motor mount.

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury_marine_parts/static/img/COMMON/14152.gif

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Brand new fuel pump
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Brand new fuel pump relay and ignition relay they are 15 and 16

Was this done to solve the issue you are having. # 15 is a regulator not a relay. Was the regulator replaced?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No not sure where it is

The fuel pressure regulator is # 15 in this diagram. It is mounted on top of the fuel cooler # 8. These are all mounted under the front port motor mount.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Number 8 in book digram is knock sensor number 22 is fuel pressure switch

I don't know what you are looking at but the number #8 in the diagram I posted is the fuel cooler and # 15 is the fuel pressure regulator. The diagram has nothing to do with what you are looking at.

Did you open the diagram I posted.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No looking at original manual that came with boat
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
8 is fuel pump cooling tube

I don't see what those images have to do with what we are working on.

Open the diagram I posted and you will see what I am talking about.

Here is the link. http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury_marine_parts/static/img/COMMON/14152.gif

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I opened it

See the fuel pressure regulator # 15? That will cause to much fuel pressure if the filter # 16 is clogged or the regulator is bad.

Did you have this problem before they replaced the fuel pump?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will fuel pressure switch cause problems

Their is no fuel pressure switch on this engine. You only have a fuel pressure regulator.

What manual are you looking at? It isn't the right manual for this engine if it is showing a fuel pressure switch. If it is an after market manual they cover many motors. Not all system apply.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No came with boat I am original owner
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a5.7 EFI engine

Ok what is it you don't understand? I have explained the fuel pressure regulator more than once and you seem to be confused and bringing up things that are not related to the issue you have.

How can I get this straight?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have to different manuals mine is original yours is not so I guess u can not thanks for your time

I have been working on these motors for over 40 years it is more like you manual is wrong. Do you have the Mercruiser service manual?

You tell me what the serial number is ***** this page high lighted in green. http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury_marine_parts/sn/0M010853/4331067N1

Is that your serial number?

Do you have service manual # 24?

Just in case you don't think I'm qualified. http://www.justanswer.com/boat/expert-suntan/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Never said that 0m010853 or ###-##-####hard to read it is one or other

Sorry but that was the number you posted I can only go by the info you provide. Here was your post.

"0m010853 engine serial number" 28 Aug 2016, 6:35 PM

I need the engine serial number. The one you said you didn't post is the right format the next one is incorrect.

The first number that you did post is for a 5.7EFI which is what you said you had. The EFI motors I don't care what model do not have a fuel pressure switch.

What manual are you basing you info from?

Tan
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician