How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Charles Your Own Question
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Category: Boat
Satisfied Customers: 3981
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
Type Your Boat Question Here...
Charles is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 1992 sea ray. the faucet down in the galley is

Customer Question

i have a 1992 sea ray. the faucet down in the galley is leaking just under the sink. how do i get in to fix it?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: water is comming from under the cabinet where the sink is. I have a refeig to the right of it in the same cabinet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

You will need to remove the internal portion of the cabinet door that is below the sink. Once you have that out, you can see the lower portion of the sink. Make sure to activate the pump while you are inside there to see if it is just a clamp or a hose that blew.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did remove the door. But I can't get in very far
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Can you see the base of the sink? If so, you may need to remove the sink from the counter top.