Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a yamaha 250 on a 2009 Grady White. The electronic

Customer Question

I have a yamaha 250 on a 2009 Grady White. The electronic throttle is driving me nuts. I bought the boat new and have put up with a super sensitive throttle. A mere tap with my knuckle and i'm doing 30 a tap back I'm doing 12. It is impossible to maintain a speed. I looked up the info that came with it and determined which is mine. It says to turn back the screw counter clockwise. However, when i took off the cap there were two screws that required an allen wrench and I don't know which to turn. What am I to do.?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

The screw that you will want to turn is the lower of the two allen head screws. Tighten it slightly to increase the friction of the throttle.