Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

The fuel pumps on 2005 Volvo Penta 8.1 GI-F will not come on

Customer Question
and I do not hear...
The fuel pumps on 2005 Volvo Penta 8.1 GI-F will not come on and I do not hear the Beep when turn the ing. switch on. The engine will turn over.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I have checked the relays. The Fuel pump relay is not energizing.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: The fuel pump is brand new.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
8/6/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Do you have a hand held volt meter so we can check for power in and out of the key switch?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THE ENG WILL TURN OVER

Turn the key to run, and check the voltage on the purple wire out of the key switch, let me know what you get for voltage.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I WORKING ON IT THAT IS THE SAME PURPLE WIRE THAT COME IN TO THE LARGE CONNECTOR ON THE BACK OF THE ENGINE? IF SO I HAVE 12V

I'm not sure what you are looking at back by the engine, so check it at the key switch and let me know what you show for voltage there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I HAVE 12V

Have you replaced the fuel pump relay yet?

It looks like you read my reply, are you still with me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I HAVE 12V
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I HAVE CHANGED TH E RELAY
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ARE YOU STILL THERE?
Dominick
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic