Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a mercruiser 4.3 2005. It is very slow to plane out

Customer Question

Hi I have a mercruiser 4.3 2005. It is very slow to plane out but runs fine once it planes out its like you had 30 people onboard and the engine is struggling/under pressure. Any idea what it could be
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What is the history on this boat/engine? Have you ever personally seen it run correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm Derek. Yes it was running ok. It has had a few faults, I had a diagnostics done and it said low water pressure, the boat beeps twice every minute. It was sounding rough misfiring on take off but we replaced the plug leads, distributor cap and rotar and it now runs smooth but is down on power on take off. We have also replaced the water pressure sensor but the problem of lack of power still remains
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Derek,

Has the engine been compression tested, as well as checking spark output on each cylinder to make sure there are no dead/non firing cylinders?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Derek. The website did charge you to speak with me. Was this something you still needed help with or are you all set?