Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I went out this morning to take my boat for a drive. When I

Customer Question

I went out this morning to take my boat for a drive. When I tried backing out I found that my Trim was up and not sure why as I left it down the day before. Well my trim would not work at all today do could not take my boat out. My boat is a 2006 Chaparral 246 SSI with 84 hours on it. I have the Volvo Penta GSX 8.1 420 HP engine. All week it's been good but 3 days before this it was up but it worked fine when I took the boat out that day. Can you tell me what the problem is? My email is***@******.***, thanks.
Dominic Hollman
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

When the trim activated and ran up, the pump had to load up and them blow the fuse. Replacing it would solve that problem, but you are going to need to inspect the wiring harness going to it looking for a short in it, or a bad switch.