Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1984 Glastron /conroy with a 3 liter mercruiser.

Customer Question

Good morning,I have a 1984 Glastron /conroy with a 3 liter mercruiser. The trim adjustment won't lower. It's been stuck in the up position, but normally goes down... But not this time as we are about to go out for the first time
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I've tried bleeding the lowering hydraulic line, standing on it and ever a tiny swear word.. Nothing worked
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The trim rams are stuck due to corrosion in the end caps. Some times you can get the drive down if someone stands on the drive and bounces when trimming down.

Post back with findings if this doesn't work.