Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

How are you.i have a 2005 yamaha outboard f225 four

Customer Question
hi how are you.i have...
hi how are you.i have a 2005 yamaha outboard f225 four stroke.the motor smoke because it burn oil and water coming out with little spot of oil
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/27/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I read what you wrote, I do not see any kind of questions in there, how is it I can help you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi how are you.i have a Yamaha four stroke 225hp.it is burn oil when you give gas lot of smoke Coming out and oil coming by the exhaust.piston rings are new,valve seals are new
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i want to know why and where that oil coming frim because it is no supose be like that
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i took the powerhead out i checked and i saw the exaust port from the powerhead wet like oil thast why i change the tings and the seals,the spark plug was burning good.other part that i checked wast the oil pump at the crankshaft but everything there was dry
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Run a cylinder leakdown test on the engine. My bet is that you will have one that is very high. If so, since the rings are new, either there is a wear issue in a cylinder, or you have a cylinder that is out of round.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked the cylinders all of them 150 all spark plug are burning good
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No difference on the cylinders and smoke bad when you put gas

A leakdown test is where you have a gauge hooked to the cylinder and then apply controlled air to see if the cylinder can hold pressure.

Are you premixing the fuel?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you think if I use a Lucas oil I can find something
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No used the regular fuel 93 but anyway the level of the oil is down
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I mean the level of the oil is very low
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if one cylinder is leaking it shouldn't have 150
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when I check the compression I wait to check if it loose compression

I do not feel that changing oil brands will change anything. Your compression tester has a valve on the end of it, thats why it holds compression.

Just because you have compression, does not mean that a valve or the rings are leaking. When doing a leakdown test, you also listen to where the air is coming out of, different locations mean different items could be bad.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The other thing is the oil coming down by the exhaust like on the 2 stroke carburetor motor when the carburetor is leaking
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is burning a lot of oil
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He is runing fine just that is burning too much oil

Is that oil on the outside or the inside, that is running down?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No the oil coming by the exhaust from top I changed the piston rings and the valve seals because I saw the exhaust ports from the block a little wet of oil
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was think may be the oil pan gasket but when I saw those exhaust port wet I decide to change the piston rings

This could be the powerhead gasket, the oil pan gasket, or even a cracked oil pan.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I changed the powerhead gasket,I don't think the crack oil pan because the exhaust pipe has oil.i think the oil pain gasket because when I put gas the oil pump pumping more pressure and if the gasket is leaking more oil coming out

True

Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic