Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I own a 2005 Sea Ray 390 Sundancer. It is equipped with two

Customer Question
Hello - I own a...
Hello - I own a 2005 Sea Ray 390 Sundancer. It is equipped with two 8.1 V8 Mercruiser engines. This past weekend, there went to gas up (approx 4 mile cruise). On my way back to my marina as I was powering down from around 20 knots to around 6 knots, my Smart Craft went into Alarm: "Engine Power Limited" on the port side engine. There were no readings which we out of spec; ie. engine temp. I quickly determined that it would go out of alarm below 1100 rpms; I could make the alarm go on and off through cycling the power up and down. I confirmed this 1100 rpm mark again yesterday. I also sent a diver down yesterday and there we no issues with both props and shafts. The water flow out of the exhaust look fine. Any thoughts about what could be causing this? Thanks, ***** ***** Boston
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
7/25/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hi Jerome, my name is Jason.

Do you know which smart craft gauge have? Is it the round one with an LCD window on the bottom of it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Jason -- The smart craft page is more square. The screen is to the left of the unit.

Is it a gauge or is it a full sized LCD screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
LCD screen

Are you near the boat now so we can pull a code out of the smartcraft?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello. Any further progress.

I was waiting on you. I don't know if you didn't see my last message or not, but at 12:17pm I wrote "Are you near the boat now so we can pull a code out of the smartcraft?"

If you scroll up you should see that message.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry. I did not see that message. No, I am on the office.

How do you want to do this, do you want to pull the codes and get back to me? Or did you want me to give you the procedure for pulling the codes as wells the entire code list, that way you are all set for when you get back out to the boat?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please provide the procedure and all the codes.
Sue thing i'm attaching the file now. See attachment
I don't know how you want to leave this but that is where you stand on your end and how it gets checked. I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank. Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.Thank youJason

Was there anything else?

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or leaving a rating for my service. Please keep in mind the website did charge you to speak with me. But they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you until you select a rating for me. If you have a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, kindly select a rating for my service.

Thanks again,

Jason

Hi Jerome, Just checking in. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic