Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2014 centurion S210 and we were out on the lake and

Customer Question

I have a 2014 centurion S210 and we were out on the lake and it wouldn`t shift into gear, forward or reverse. So I shut the boat off to try and look. Then the boat wouldn`t start. It is acting like it isn`t in neutral.
Any thoughts
I checked all the connections i could find and looked a all the fuses
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Which engine is on the boat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PCM 5.7L
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I don't work on those, I will opt out.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Go to the transmission. Look at the shift cable connection. Is the cable attached?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I couldn't see any shift cable, do you know approximately where it is located
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Yes it will be at the rear of the transmission close to the couple where the prop shaft attaches to the rear of the transmission.

Is this a direct drive or vee drive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a V drive
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Here's a vee drive with red arrow as the shift cable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still don't see any cable coming off of the transmission. If the cable was off then it would be stuck in a gear? Before I shut it off I couldn't get it to go in a gear it was stuck in neutral. Now it won't start like it's not in neutral. Everything else electrical works perfect
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Can you take a picture of the transmission so I can get an idea of what make and model transmission you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully one of these helps
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Ok this is an electronic shift. All you can do is check all the wires are connected to the transmission. After that there isn't going to be anything you can do. Sorry since everything has gone to electronic there isn't much can be done it will require a marine technician with the correct electronics to fix you problem. Wish there was some thing I could do. If this was a mechanical shift we could fix it.