Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

There are to short beeps Every minute and after a while the

Customer Question
Hello! There are to short...
Hello! There are to short beeps Every minute and after a while the beeps gets continious.. There is a small hourglass in the display.. IT is a searay 220 sundeck With a mercruiser 5.0
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Temp is just normal.. Engine runs good.. Whe had to fill the drive lube oil but this doesn't Solve the problem...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No, i think this is About iT..
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
7/23/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

The engine will need to be hooked up to a scan tool in order to pull fault codes, and see what is causing the alarm.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, Germon Stigter here..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Aren't there Any other ways to get to know the error?

Hi Germon,

If the boat is newer than 2001 and has Smart craft gauges the codes can be pulled out that way. is the boat newer than 2001, and does it have smart craft gauges?

No, those are not smart craft gauges. These are what the smart craft gauges look like.

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/gauges-and-controls/gauges-displays/digital-sc100-sc1000/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the hour glass don't reveals anything?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What are the most common causes?

No the hour glass doesn't mean anything, it's just like a "Check engine" light. The engine would have to get hooked up to a scan tool to figure out what the issue is. There are a number of different reasons the alarm will beep.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what are Those reasons?

There are to many to list. I don't think that we are going to be able to help you here on the website, you really need to take this into the dealer.

Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

While there are many causes for the alarm on your engine, the most common ones are engine overheat, battery low or high, and the gear lube bottle being low on oil Check to ensure that it is not one of these items.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The gear lube bottle was low at first.. Butnwe did refill that..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Btw, hello Charles!

Hello, did filling the bottle silence the alarm?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unfortunally not..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But the oil was low...

Ok, this beeping alarm could be many items. From the battery voltage being low, to a shorted sensor. troubleshooting this will take some time and a digital multimeter. Yet we may not actually be able to locate the cause without a engine scanner. How would you like to proceed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We did turned off the boot (main switch) for quit a while...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tell me what i should meassure at the sensor of the oil...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
From the gear lube..

With the engine running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think without, just the contact ON.,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I suspect that sensor of Being defect after iT runs empty...

Thea gear lube sensor is an on/off switch. you can unplug it to see if the alarm stops.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, i Will try that.. Thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I Will get back to you when 'm at the boot again..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have a Nice day!

Sounds good. You as well.

Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic