Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2004 Craft 25 Launch. The electrical engine hatch

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2004 Chris Craft 25 Launch. The electrical engine hatch has a difficult time opening, one side works, then the other. It kind of crab walks its way open. I usually stop pressing when it stops and then press again and moves a few inches, stops, I stop pressing, then give it a few seconds before I press again and get a few more inches. Going down usually is not a problem.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Get the hatch totally open, then remove the connections to each motor. Have a helper press on the switch while you are checking for voltage to the motors. If you are getting consistent voltage on both sets of leads, the motors are failing. If you are not, check the wiring between the motors and the switch, there will be an open wire somewhere inside the hull.