Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

After checking spark I removed plugs after trying to start

Customer Question

After checking spark I removed plugs after trying to start it. All plugs where damp. Installed plugs tried to restart. Engine will spin over will not crank and run. This is a fuel injected engine. No carbs. After removing fuel line from fuel filter outlet port to the fuel rail, taking the oem fuel line away from rail supply to injectors fuel will come out of filter into a bottle. But engine will crank and run for short period. Will hook up fuel line back on fuel filter engine will not fire. Will spin but not fire.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: That is all we have right now.
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

If this is the same unit as your other 2 questions, it is carbureted. So something is wrong here. Either it is not a ZXI, its not fuel injected or someone has taken the stock carbs off and put fuel injection on it . Here is a link to a parts diagram for a 2003 Kawasaki 1100 ZXI.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/riva_normal/showmodel.asp?Type=12&make=kawasakipwc&a=145&vehicleid=2003-Kawasaki-PWC-1100-ZXi-(JH1100-A8)

I am not trying to start an argument with you but something is wrong. At this point the best thing you can do for both of us is provide the Kawasaki VIN # ***** we can move forward with resolving this issue.

Thanks

RSRBOB

Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

Humble apologies. I was thinking ZXI and not STX DI.