Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I NEED THE LOCATION OF THE SENSORS SO I CAN PLUG IN MY NEW

Customer Question

I NEED THE LOCATION OF THE SENSORS SO I CAN PLUG IN MY NEW GAUGES ON MY VOLVO PENTA 2002 DIESEL. THE WIRES ON THE ENGINE SIDE WERE DISCONNECTED BEFORE I BOUGHT THE BOAT AND I AN NOT SURE OF THE LOCATION FOR THE TEMP AND VOLTAGE.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: IT IS THE VOLVO DELUXE PANEL AND I CAN EMAIL THE WIRING DIAGRAM IF NECESSARY. THE ENGINE DETAILS: 1992 VOLVO 2002BT, (###) ###-####
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Can you open up PDF files if I send you the diagrams in that format? I would be uploaded them to you here, not emailing them to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
send them to me at your site
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Okay I'm uploading them now. There are 2 different files. see attachments.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I think that should do it. But I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.Thank youJason
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Was there anything else?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

It looks like you read my reply without putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind the website did charge you to speak with me, but they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.

Thanks

Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello:The PDF's give the location of the temperature sensor which I need but I need the location of the oil pressure sensor and where the volt gage wiring hooks up to the engine . Is that wiring attached to the alternator ?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about that. The oil pressure sensor is on the front of the engine block. I attached another picture, see attachment.

On the voltage. You can go anyplace there is 12V. You can run that wire to the battery if you want. If you have a key switch, it's usually easier just to get the 12V from the key switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the picture However is does not look like the Penta 2002 that I have. I will have a look however when I get to the boat tomorrow and check that out. Thanks for the tip on the 12 volt meter reading.Erik
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't look like what you have, it came right from the factory service manual for the engine. Would you like a copy of the manual?

Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.

Just checking in, Was there anything else Erik?