Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My friends are stranded offshore in a 37ft Midnight Express

Customer Question

My friends are stranded offshore in a 37ft Midnight Express that has two gas tanks, the one they were using is empty so the engines shut off, they don't know how to switch it over to the other engine which is full. Please advise?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

I am not familiar with that boat but you should have a manifold system where you can run the engines off either tank. Have they looked for a series of valves? Follow the fuel supply lines from the engine to the manifold system.

If they find the valves and they are not labeled send me a pic of the valves and I can help.