Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1993 Four Winns 210 Horizon with a 5.0 L. Okay when

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Four Winns 210 Horizon with a 5.0 L. Okay when I have it in gear it misses, like not running on all cylinders, a guy told me about a switch that works might be the problem , he said if it comes out of that V groove it makes 2 cylinders cut out , so should this switch stay in the V groove , cause as I look at it now when in gear a full throttle, it comes out of the groove ?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The switch he is referring to is the shift interrupt switch. Yes it should stay in the groove. When it comes out of the grove it will cut cylinders. Disconnect the switch and see if it misses when in gear now? If no misfire then either the shift cable to the drive is going bad or the control cable is bad. You will have to shut the motor off to get it out of gear with that switch disconnected.

Post back with finding when you disconnect the switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a new motor put in , every since the new motor was installed it has did that , could the cables need to be adjusted ?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

It is possible. But we need to verify the switch is actually the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to have it in the water or can it do it with water muffs
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Does it misfire now on the muffs? If no then it has to be in the water under a load.