Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I own a 1995 Pursuit 23-6 that had a new Volvo engine in

Customer Question

I own a 1995 Pursuit 23-6 that had a new Volvo engine in 2006. I have had a series of fuel pump failures this year: the installed one then two replacements. Each of the replacements worked for 3-5 rides then the fuel pump stopped working and I couldn't start the engine (luckily always at the dock).
All my maintenance is done by Volvo trained technicians who work for my marina. They have checked the fuel - no problem including no water in fuel. I now have a new fuel pump installed but have no confidence in the boat because there is no explanation for the failures.
Any suggestions?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Don, my name is Jason.

I know what I think but out of curiosity what has the mechanics/service writers given you for a reason for all the failures?