Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

1989 mariner outboard 150. Starts and idles great when you

Customer Question

1989 mariner outboard 150. Starts and idles great when you first start. when you come i n to dock and you bring the engine back to idle it dies. It starts right back up and then you put it back in gear to move the boat around then put it back in neutral to idel and it will die. I have heard of a black box that these motors have that change the timing at idel. Ser number OB279519 where can i get an original repair manual
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, my name is Jason.

The manual is part number 90-976583. You can order it from any Mercury dealer. If you click this link below this is one example of where you can get it.

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/976583-sm-o-b-v6-150-225

I think that should do it. But I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you

Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason, thanks for the info on the manual but my question was about my idling problem
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

This is what you wrote;

"1989 mariner outboard 150. Starts and idles great when you first start. when you come i n to dock and you bring the engine back to idle it dies. It starts right back up and then you put it back in gear to move the boat around then put it back in neutral to idel and it will die. I have heard of a black box that these motors have that change the timing at idel. Ser number OB279519 where can i get an original repair manual?"

The question mark at the end you didn't put in there, I did. I don't see a question from you other than "where can I get an orignal repair manual"

If you have additional questions can you please type them out in a clear and concise manner.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in, did you have any further questions on the issue?

Jason