Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I'm trying to remove the trim tilt motor to replace the o

Customer Question
rings I got the front...
I'm trying to remove the trim tilt motor to replace the o rings I got the front plate off but I don't know how to pull the rest out
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The outboard motor goes up and down but bleeds down its a 90 hp force motor
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/8/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What is the year, make and either model or serial number on the engine you are working on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi I'm Ron it's a 90 bayliner 90 hp force motor 906x90b I'm trying to get the trim cylinder out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Or tilt cylinder
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not the 2 cylinders it's the one behind the motor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

The system is held inplace by a large pin, Removing that and the smaller pin that is on the tilt rod, will get the system free from the engine. I have inclosed the diagram as well.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc2/Force/90%20H.P.%20%281990%29/906X90B/POWER%20TRIM%20UNIT/parts.html

Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic