Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 21ft. 8" hurricane deck boat (2001 model fun deck )

Customer Question

I have a 21ft. 8" hurricane deck boat (2001 model fun deck ) by Godfrey. It has steering that is frozen and I want to replace the steering with a SeaStar hydraulic system. The boat is 200 miles away from me and I want to order the appropriate kit that has correct length hoses to adequately fit this boat . The engine is a 130hp Honda ( 2002 ). The "fun deck" layout is like a pontoon boat but with a fiberglass hull. Question?? I am not sure which kit to order. Should the kit have 16 , 18 , 20, or 22 ft. hoses to accommodate the connections adequately. Are there any other extra products, other than right kit, that I might need to make the installation better and smoother?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jim, good morning my name is Jason.

I see you asked your question yesterday afternoon. Most of us were off with the holiday. Did you still need help with this or did you get it figured out?