Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a bow mount All Terrain 42 AT vintage 1999 or so. The…

Customer Question
I have a bow mount...
I have a bow mount All Terrain 42 AT vintage 1999 or so. The only number I can find on it is AT 225-194X The motor and switches work fine, but the bearings have rusted and are frozen. How does the shaft assembly come apart so I can get to the bearings and races to get them out?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 3 days by:
7/8/2016
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

There are no real bearings on the motor, only bushings. They are parts 56E in the diagram. To gain access to them, after the head is off, you will first need to lock down the tension screw 56k, then remove the front clamp while holding the lower part of the shaft. This will free the shaft from the mount. You can then proceed with replacing the two 56E bushings.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0191/7628/files/1997_JH_-_freshwater_motors_-_bowmount_-_allterrain_-_allterrain_42_48_hanccontrol.pdf?390

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wrong Motor...mine has a foot control not a tiller. A couple of days with no response I pulled the shaft apart myself. the end cap on the bottom that holds the bearing in place disintegrated. The remnants of the bearing also fell out. I have the exploded view of my motor, but it is unclear which part in the view was the threaded keeper for the the upper and lower bearings. I didn't want to try to turn the wrong part when disassembling the shaft. Thanks for nothing.

Hello, all of the info that I have to go from is what you sent. The 1999 42 AT is a tiller.

So you did not tell me if you still need my help or not.

Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic