Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Ihave replaced 4waterpumps in my 85 alpha 1 thet last about

Customer Question

ihave replaced 4waterpumps in my 85 alpha 1 thet last about 5 minutes before they melt the housings water is circulating thru engine and pump can abent shaft or misaligned bearing be causing this or am igetting the wrong pump sierra 18 3320
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I hate to ask but are you installing the impellers the correct way? Can you take a couple of pictures and show me how you are installing the impeller?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i installed according to theseloc manual turning the shaft clockwise while seating the impellor in the housing also torquing nuts to specs
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Can you take a picture of your impeller so I can see what it looks like, and how it's installed.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Also, what is the serial number on your sterndrive, I'll double check and see if that impeller is the correct one or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the original serial numbers were gone when I purchased the boat, I have put a new upper housing on and I have those number which are DD338314 1.65 This number I found is the number on the gimble housing A445406.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Got it. I can see that. What does the base plate look like?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is the base plate
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Where is the stainless steel plate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tookit off to take the picture
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Have you popped off the base yet to see if the water intake is clogged below it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
water flows thru freely
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Without being able to see it i'm out of ideas. I'll opt out and leave this open to the community. Good luck.