Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My 310 rinker batteries are not charged by shore power line.

Customer Question

My 310 rinker batteries are not charged by shore power line. Is there a transformer switch or brake?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

On the power panel in the boat you should have a breaker labeled Charger or Converter. Is that breaker on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the confusion, my issue is that currently the boat is plugged into shore however there is no shore power on the boat.The shore power was working fine two days ago, since the issue we have checked and rest all brokers, switched power cords.. is there another breaker not in the cabin panel or at the stern shut off?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Ok you have no shore power to the boat.

No. We need to test for voltage on the power cord and the dock.

Have you checked the circuit breakers on the dock?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all power from the dock is fully operational
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We tested on the boat next to ours and the dock power is functioning
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Ok do you have voltage at the shore power cable where it plugs to the boat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The shore has voltage but the boat has none
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

We have to eliminate where you are loosing the voltage so we must check the shore power cord has power going to the boat. You could have a bad shore power cord. Just because the boat next to you has power doesn't mean you have power as each boat has it's own power supply from the dock. You should have a circuit breaker for you side of the shore power cord connection on the dock. If you don't have a meter to do voltage tests there isn't anything I can do. We have to test for voltage.

Do you have a volt meter to do some testing?

If an electrician come out he is going to use a volt meter to find the problem. He cannot fix the issue without testing for voltage.