Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

My 25 hp mariner runs good 30secondss and dies like its

Customer Question

my 25 hp mariner runs good for about 30secondss and dies like its starving for gas done replaced tank hose bubble and carb still cant find problem
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Was there any work done to the engine just before this problem began?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was trying to run a little ruff had done put a carb kit so I started trying to identify other problems new hose bubble tank and carb runs perfect for about 30 seconds then will die unless u keep pumping bubble up
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** did the carb, did you also replace the gasket behind the carb? If so It may be installed incorrectly. To check this, you will need to remove the carb from the engine again, then inspect the alignment of the base gasket. There is a hole in the face of the block that provides a pulse for the fuel pump, if this hole is blocked, the fuel pump will not function properly and basically you would run out of fuel in the carb.

Let me know what you see there.