Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I have a 2003 135hp Optimax what is the "Chrck Paddle" alarm refer to? What are the Paddles that the error refers

Customer Question
I have a 2003 135hp...
I have a 2003 135hp Optimax what is the "Chrck Paddle" alarm refer to?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/19/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hi Ron, my name is Jason.

Are you having some sort of problem that you are trying to solve, or did you just need to know what the check paddle means?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What are the Paddles that the error refers to? Engine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Engine alarms overheat at low speed

The check paddle doesn't have anything to do with overheating, nor will it cause an alarm. Are you getting an alarm for overheating? Do you have a temp gauge reading high or a temp light also flashing along with the alarm?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so what does the Check Paddle alarm mean. Yes it runs hot at low speeds after 5-10 minutes. Also after running at high speed and throttling to slow speed it runs up to 180-/+ quickly. Thanks

Check paddle is for a paddlewheel style speedometer. These are one style of speedometers sensors that the engine can use to tell speed. It is an optional sensor, not every boat is equipped with them. If your boat is not equipped with a paddlewheel sensor there will always be a check paddle code stored in the engines computer. It doesn't cause any kind of alarms or anything like that. Click this link below, this is what a paddlewheel sensor looks like.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/woeimages/howtos/Large/836a.jpg

Do you have any other questions on the issue?

-Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thanks for your help

You are very welcome.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

It looks like you read my reply without putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind the website does charge you to speak with me, but they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.

Thanks

Jason

Hi Ron. Just checking in. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Jason

Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic