Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have twin 2006 optimax 150 I didn't put the boat in season

Customer Question

i have twin 2006 optimax 150 I didn't put the boat in for a season and just launched it yesterday when I began increasing the rpms I got steady alarms at around 2250 rpms when I back the throttle down and keep it under 2000 it stops , pee stream is good and ive cleaned the block strainers and replaced popppet valves and thermostats in 2014as well as the thermastats also replaced the oil resvior tanks and plugs that year any thoughts would be great
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi John, my name is Jason.

Is the alarm a series of beeps following a pattern or a solid beep?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no just a solid beep
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Do you have Smartcraft gauges in the boat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I do not
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Without smartcraft gauges the engine will ultimately need to go to the dealer/mechanic and get hooked up to a scan tool in order to figure out the exact cause of the alarm. How is it I can help you, what kind of questions do you have for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is my second boat with optimax motors it seemed always to be oil system related issues in the past but never a steady alarm like this time if I lower the rpms motors seem fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Are you all set, no questions?