Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My 2000 mercury 115ELPTO starts and runs well, but won't

Customer Question

My 2000 mercury 115ELPTO starts and runs well, but won't stay running after I shut it off. I have to play with the throttle to keep it running. Any ideas?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steven, my name is Jason.

All mercurys are cataloged by serial number, do you happen to have that number handy? If not, is this the 4 cylinder 2 stroke model?

How long does it take before the engine will run correctly again? Is it just a couple of minutes, or do you have to wait overnight?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

It looks like you read my reply and logged off. The website has charged you to speak with me, is this something you still needed help with?