Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

Pearl. The neutral safety switch is broken. It's part of the

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl. The neutral safety switch is broken. It's part of the concealed side mount control, OMC part number 176389, which is obsolete. I'm trying to figure out the model number for a suitable replacement for the control, or the little microswitch that's actuall broken.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The neutral safety switch is a standard micro switch which you can buy from an electronic store. If you take the old one with you, you can get the closest match to fit.

If you need further assistance let me know.

Noel